The Well One Health Score
If you can measure health, you can manage it!
With the explosion of health and fitness-related wearable devices and applications on the market, it has never been easier for people to get access to a variety of health and fitness related data. However, handling and making sense out of large amounts of data without any support can be difficult.
This is where the Well One Health Score comes in. It simplifies your health status into just one number so that it can be universally understood. Fundamentally, the Well One Health Score is based on who you are (physical health), how you feel (mental wellbeing) and how you live (lifestyle). It also provides a separate financial wellbeing score.
The Well One Health Score is a scientifically calculated number from 1 (low) to 1,000 (high). It moves up or down in real-time, depending on how your physical, mental or lifestyle data changes.
The Well One Health Score is based on over 300 million person-years of clinical data. It was developed by health tech specialists dacadoo in collaboration with a leading professor and former long-term scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston.
Just like a credit score determines the credit worthiness of a person based on the financial assets and activities of a person, the Well One Health Score measures your overall health and wellbeing, based on your body values, emotional wellbeing and lifestyle.
Well One uses a score and not an age-related measure (such as bio-age, real-age, etc.) in order to provide an indicator, enabling you to compare yourself to others regardless of age or gender. To do so, Well One uses a mathematical process called equalization for age and gender, so that the Well One Health Score can be used as a universal measure of health ranking.
The Well One Health Score measures your body values including your gender, age, height, weight, waist circumference, blood pressure, blood values and family history as well as several other parameters. These are objective data values that Well One uses, based on internationally and widely validated medical studies, to provide a medically accurate measure of your health in real-time. This combination of your body data and Well One’s analysis enables Well One to calculate your Baseline Score, your initial Well One Health Score.
How you feel about your health can be a crucial factor in determining your overall state of health. Well One’s self-assessed, quality of life questions help to quantify the mental wellbeing of a person.
Your lifestyle has a major impact on your overall health and wellbeing. With Well One you can track five lifestyle factors that impact health.
- Activity: Well One recognizes over 115 indoor and outdoor activities. You can track exercise automatically, by using the Well One app for smartphones or by connecting many of the most popular external fitness tracking apps and devices. A selected number of outdoor activities have detailed GPS and heart rate based energy models. These models consider information such as distance, speed, slope and heart rate (if available). Most other activities are based on normalized energy/MET (= Metabolic Equivalent of a Task), duration and heart rate (if available). MET is a measure to estimate the energy cost of physical activity, independent of weight, where 1 MET = 1 kcal/kg/h. This measure was introduced by Stanford University in California and has been used globally for more than 30 years.
- Nutrition: The Well One Nutrition Coach uses questions, answers and hints. The Nutrition Coach also offers personal goals and reminders, aiming to guide and motivate you to adopt a healthier diet over time. Well One has implemented an artificial intelligence engine through which the Nutrition Coach can give you well-targeted hints, improve your wellbeing and give you suggestions based on your profile and set of objectives.
- Mindfulness: All Well One stress related data is captured via questions launched by the Well One Coach.
- Sleep: Your sleep data can be integrated automatically by using external activity devices and wearables such as Fitbit, Withings or Jawbone.
- Self control: Measures smoking, alcohol and coffee habits via the Well One Coach.
Well One recognizes that your Wellbeing is comprised of a variety of factors. Your state of wellbeing and your health is not just physical; its social, emotional, work life and financial. Well One is aware that financial stress is a large contributor to a person’s overall emotional and physical health. Well One therefore uniquely includes a separate Financial Wellbeing Score to help you improve your ability to confidently manage financial life today, while preparing for the future and anything unexpected along the way.
With Well One you can measure the state of your financial wellbeing at a given point in time and be guided by some coaching points that enable you to undertake financial wellbeing tasks and activities to help improve your score. Well One focuses on four key financial wellbeing goal areas; Prepare, Protect, Plan and Preserve to guide you through your financial wellbeing journey. Financial wellbeing data is captured via questions from the Financial Coach that draw on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s Financial Wellbeing Scale.
Well One: Financial Wellbeing Goal areas
|Prepare||Get in control of your finances|
|Protect||Manage financial shocks|
|Plan||Get on track to meet your financial goals|
|Preserve||Create financial freedom|