Pension Freedom Schemes (PFS)
Click on a country below to read the localised content of this article.
Isle of Man
On the 6 April 2018 Tynwald introduced a new pension scheme which allows pension freedoms. This new product also offers very generous conditions and tax relief for clients wishing to save for retirement. The main features of the scheme are as follows:
- Pension transfers can be made into a PFS from other Isle of Man approved schemes (with the exception of defined benefit schemes) subject to the payment of a 10% transfer fee.
- Income tax relief is available to Isle of Man residents at their marginal rate of income tax up to a maximum of 20% on contributions made into a PFS.
- Contributions to a pension scheme are limited to the level of the clients relevant earnings or the annual allowance, whichever is the lower of the two amounts
- Investment returns can roll up tax free
- A one off tax free Pension Commencement Lump Sum of 40% can be taken
- Relevant benefits in the form of a total fund commutation or a number of income withdrawals can be taken, from age 55
- Income withdrawals will be included in your income tax assessment and taxed or not taxed depending on your overall income level after taking into account your allowances, deductions and tax rules
Personal Pensions – pension tracing – can’t find anything for Isle of Man – there is a letter forwarding service for insurance companies to trace individuals but can’t find anything where an individual traces a pension.